The 2017 Ø7Ø Club High Band (10m, 6m, & 2m) Challenge
Purpose: To work as many Ø7Ø Club members as possible in the allotted time using PSK31 on 2m, 6m & 10m. All Ø7Ø Club members work each other. Non-members are welcome! Please transmit "0000" for your member number if you are a non-member. Please consider joining our club as well!
Date: 1400UTC 17 JUN <=> 1400UTC 18 JUN 2017
Categories: "6 hour block" or "24 hour run" - that's right, you can PICK how long your contest will be! You will be competing against others in your same "timeslot" category. You may operate between 6 and 24 hours and select your best 6 hour run as well.
For scoring, your six hour block will begin with the hour that you select on the scorer page and continue for the next 6 hours, unless you decide to operate the full contest and submit a 24 hour log.
Exchange: Callsign, your first name and your Ø7Ø Club number. Use the member number from your Ø7Ø Club member certificate. (Exchange example: K8TOM de AK4MK Matt 1708 kn). Call "CQ Ø7Ø VHF Contest".
Bands: 10 meters, 6 meters and 2 meters only. REPEATER CONTACTS DO NOT COUNT!
Contacts: Work each station once per band. All contacts must be 2-way PSK31. No repeater, cross-mode or cross-band contacts. Each contact with an Ø7Ø member counts two (2) QSO Point per band. Each contact with a non-member counts one (1) QSO Point per band. Working a call on all three bands nets you a twenty (20) point bonus. Working a call on two bands earns a ten (10) point bonus. Any 2m contact nets you a five (5) point bonus. Dupes (on a given band) count zero (0) points.
Please take a moment to drop out of contest mode and invite any non-members to join the club if they come back to your CQ!
Non-Members may sign up and receive a member number during the contest and play along with the rest of us for the duration of the contest!
1 pt per non-member 2M
1 pt per non-member 6M
1 pt per non-member 10M
2 pts per member 2M
2 pts per member 6M
10 bonus pts per 2-band call
1. The club itself must be an Ø7Ø member.
2. Multiple operators are allowed. Operators need to be club members as well.
3. Only one single transmitter/one signal on the air at a time.
4. A station can not be operated simultaneously under multiple callsigns, e.g. a club call and an individual call.
5. A station can alternate operation under multiple callsigns (e.g. a club call and an individual call) as long as callsign switches occur no more frequently than once every two hours. In other words, once a station is used under one callsign, it can not be used under another callsign for TDW contacts until at least two hours have passed.
6. Rule 5 does not apply to individuals' use of family stations, where multiple individual licensees share a station at a commonly-licensed address.
Awards: Top scores from AS, EU, AF, NA, CA, SA, OC, and Club will receive a certificate and a special endorsement for their Ø7Ø Club Membership certificate. The TOP DAWG of the contest will receive a special certificate and a Rollo Dog Tag.
Entries: Our standard contest scorer - http://hamclubs.info/scorer/
All entries must be received by 25-Jun-2017 (1 week after the contest). Scores will not be posted until after the contest deadline.
Notes: Propagation can vary wildly throughout the day, so keep on trying just a bit later if it seems dead at the moment!
Power: Please keep your power output set to a reasonable level to avoid QRMing others.
Brag Files: Calling "CQ 070 VHF Contest" means you are in a contest mode, so there is no need to send those brag files. If you want to ragchew, send a general CQ instead.
Macros: Take advantage of your Macro keys. Set one up with your exchange.